Make fail GLIBC 2.33 - LFS 5.1.1 - Chap 5 (LFS: message 4 of 20)

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Aug 10 09:58:40 PDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 18:43 +0200, wrote:
> >>make[2]: execvp: /tmp: Permission denied
> >>
> >This is the smoking gun.  The user (I think you should be logged in as
> >"lfs" at this point) does not have the correct permissions to write in the
> >/tmp directory.  Make sure you are logged in as the correct user, and that
> >you have the correct permissions.
> >-Joe KM1P
>

> > > /tools/bin/mtrace.newmake[2]: execvp: /tmp: Permission deniedmake[2]:
> >Could it have something to do with this  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ?
> >
> >/tmp should have permissions drwxrwxrwt
> >
> >Regards - Allard.
>
> I'm using Boot CD creted by Chris Lingard, but i'm using the packages of
> the LFS 5.1.1 and not packages of the CD...

If I remember correctly, that cd is built for use with the unstable
branch of LFS - what you're experiencing seems to be a separate issue,
but there can be problems building an older toolchain with a newer one.

If you like you could try the cd I made that is built on a 5.1.1 base,
includes nALFS and a profile for 5.1.1 and all the packages (though you
may have to edit the profile a bit)

You can find it here:
ftp://ftp.lfs-matrix.de/pub/lfs-boot-cd/

No guarantees with my cd though, because it hasn't been thoroughly
tested.

About the /tmp dir... I wonder - on a bootcd /tmp has to be writable
whereas the cdrom, of course, is not, so /tmp and other folders that
need to be writable are placed on a ramdisk.  You *may* be running out
of room on the ramdisk.  I don't know if this would break the
installation, but you could try emptying the /tmp folder and seeing if
you get any further...

--
Jeremy Huntwork
http://www.jenacon.net