Make fail GLIBC 2.33 - LFS 5.1.1 - Chap 5 (LFS: message 4 of 20)

LFS.20.altair2010 at spamgourmet.com LFS.20.altair2010 at spamgourmet.com
Tue Aug 10 09:43:18 PDT 2004

>>make[2]: execvp: /tmp: Permission denied
>>
>This is the smoking gun.  The user (I think you should be logged in as
>"lfs" at this point) does not have the correct permissions to write in the
>/tmp directory.  Make sure you are logged in as the correct user, and that
>you have the correct permissions.
>-Joe KM1P

> > /tools/bin/mtrace.newmake[2]: execvp: /tmp: Permission deniedmake[2]:
>Could it have something to do with this  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ?
>
>/tmp should have permissions drwxrwxrwt
>
>Regards - Allard.

I'm using Boot CD creted by Chris Lingard, but i'm using the packages of
the LFS 5.1.1 and not packages of the CD...

/tmp have drwxrwxrwxt permissions and during all the compilation with
another tty (alt F2) i can see file creted and deleted from the /tmp
directory...

but during the "make install" command of glibc y have the problem quoted
before...

If i use another boot cd (knopix 2.34 whith framebuffer, no serverx (init
2) and a swap file   => because i have only 96M ram) i have the same
probleme...

I look on google, on archive, on the net, but no answer....