LFS 5.1.1 Configure Expect-5.41.0

teryc nogret at myrealbox.com
Wed Aug 4 13:12:31 PDT 2004

MilkSjeik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I try to configure Expect in its directory with the same options as
> in the book (page 40 Chapter 5), I get the message that he can't find the
> tclConfig.sh file (because the /tools/lib directory doesn't contain this file).
>
> How do I supose the build? I'm having a directory
> /sources
> With all sources inside. When I extract a source from it's tar, that
> directory ends up in the same /sources dir.
> So I'm trying to configure expect from the /sources/expect5-41 directory.
> (and the tcl source is in /sources/tcl8.4.6)
>
> Did I do something wrong with the compilation of TCL? (would suprise me)
> Or do I need to build from other directorys then the source?
>
> With kind regards,
> Stijn
You have to tell the configure script where the tcl stuff is. I ran into
this problem myself and I remember at the time thinking that the book
should be more clear about what to do but I eventually figured it out.
Run "./configure --help" and it'll give you an idea of what to do.
You'll probably need to do something like add a:
--with-tcl=/sources/tcl8.4.6
or something similar.
teryc