LFS only for i386?

Vidar Hoel vidar.hoel at sysrq.info
Tue Aug 3 04:46:54 PDT 2004

Hi,

I have built several boxes with a LFS-system on Pentiums and Athlons,
and now has the time come for me to build a LFS-system on an Athlon 64.

But then the question came: Is LFS just for i386?

I searched the Wiki, the book and the FAQ, but there were no reference
to either i386 or ports. Just a Alpha-hint in the FAQ.

The mailinglist gave me some mails about a AMD64-hint, but it seems
outdated(?).

So, is LFS just for i386?
Shouldn't this be menitioned in the book, or atleast the FAQ?

Or is it just straigtforward to build LFS on any platform?

Anyways, this is a great project, and I can't wait to build a 64-bit LFS :-)

--
vidar hoel