problems after running strip on lfs-5.0

S. Anthony Sequeira tony at sequeira.com
Tue Aug 3 02:37:33 PDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-03 at 08:04, rick wrote:
> Japie wrote:
> > Revieing my strip script showed me that due to a typo /lib was striped.
> > (including subdirs)
> > Removing /lib/modules/kernel-version and reinstalling them solved it all.
> > I know I did something stupid and really feel a yerk, but maybe this
> > posting will help another yerk in the future...
>
> don't feel too bad. i once deleted a third of my system.
>
> http://failure.kicks-ass.org/stupid/?1

I admire your honesty. :)

The moral to the tale is '*make bloody sure you have backups of
irreplaceable data*'.

But I do know the feeling of utter PANIC you mention, it's even worse if
you have whacked a customers data, not yours.

Regards.
--
I guess you guys got BIG MUSCLES from doing too much STUDYING!