book chapter 5 - linux headers - make mrproper

pop-server.bigpond.net.au akelly8 at bigpond.net.au
Mon Aug 2 06:12:36 PDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kris van Rens" <krisvanrens at yahoo.com>
Newsgroups: lfs.support
To: "LFS Support List" <lfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org>
Sent: Monday, August 02, 2004 10:28 PM
Subject: Re: book chapter 5 - linux headers - make mrproper

> That should be invoked from the linux-2.4.26
> directory.

aaaaah - I thought that was most likely the case ...
I half expected to see a linux file in amongst all the tars, but nothing
there.  I looked through the list in the book and didn't see anything so
thought "oh, make mrproper in the gcc directory then".

Of course ... I didn't look close enough at the list in the book!  Looking
harder now that I know it should be there, I can see it ...

looks like the ftp.kernel.org wget failed - looks like google will have to
be my friend as it's still failing now.

> BTW. If this is about the stable branch, you'd better
> post on lfs-support.

where is this appearing?  I'm posting to lfs.support on
news.linuxfromscratch.org ... and reading your reply there to ...

hmm.

thanks for your help,
Slapper