LFS Size after install

Daniel Baumann lfs-mail at panthera-systems.net
Sun Aug 1 09:40:39 PDT 2004

William Ray Barker wrote:
> I just did a LFS install of LFS 4.2, after the install I deleted all of the
> source files. I then went to check the size, and to my surprise it was well
> over 100 meg. I haven't installed anything from BLFS yet, I am just wonder
> is there anything else I am suppose to delete after the install? Or is this
> a normal size of a LFS install?
There are several possibilities to get loose weight :)
. compress-mandoc
(http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/stable/postlfs/compressdoc.html)
. remove documentation
. remove unwanted/unneeded packages
. stripping binaries
(http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/stable/chapter06/strippingagain.html),
i guess you did this already
. using -Os in CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS (lets gcc optimize for size)

--
Address:	Daniel Baumann, Burgunderstrasse 3, CH-4562 Biberist
E-Mail:		daniel.baumann at panthera-systems.net
Internet:	http://people.panthera-systems.net/~daniel-baumann/