glibc check gives errors.

darkshadow darkshadow at shaw.ca
Mon Apr 26 01:59:19 PDT 2004

darkshadow wrote:

> Joel Miller wrote:
>
>> IIRC, you get these test errors if your host's 2.6 kernel was
>> compiled with gcc 2.x. I don't know if it safe to continue or not.
>> You'll have to find some one more knowledgeable than me to answer that.
>

> Thanks for the info. I may end up wasting time but I came up with a idea
>
> tarball up what I have as a backup just incase later someone gives me
> a better choice then just continue then as soon as possible (after
> book done but before extra programs get installed) recompile glibc
> using the kernel I compiled for the new system
>
> Someone tell me if this will work please

Ok I am slightly annoyed during the next package (binutils) I also got
errors. So I am not just going to go on.

Since I know that I can't upgrade my hosts gcc to 3.4.0 since it
requires newer glibc which if I upgrade I will break stuff.
What version of gcc can I safely move to with my current setup of glibc
version 2.2.5 and gcc version 2.95.3

Then I will recompile my kernel and at least get rid of the nptl errors
when I compile glibc and hopefully the errors will disappear from
binutils if I am using a good compile of glibc