LFS depends on H/W specific setting?

phlox 11 phlox11 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 25 06:25:51 PDT 2004

hello, i have built my LFS on a seperate HDD mounted on the host system (AMD
processor). the problem is that when i boot another test system (intel
celeron processor) with my LFS, the kernal panic occurs due to machine check
exception when it compiles Xfree86 or linux kernel and so on  (hard works).
i believe that it should be machine problem but i am not certain. i wonder
whether my LFS built on the AMD host system has some dependancies on the H/W
specific settings. any answer will be very helpful for me. thanks.