GRUB Bootloader problems

RavenKnight Raven.Knight-NoSpam at NoSpam-Verizon.net
Fri Apr 23 17:38:24 PDT 2004

Hello All,
	My problem is that my system works great as long as I have a CD-ROM
drive installed, when I remove it grub ( I think its grub) crashes with,
system works fine with Fedora Core without CDROM:

Fixed Disk Parameter Table or BIOS Error
System Halted

however, when I try to boot from toms boot disk I get as far as:

end_request: I/O error, dev 02:3c (floppy), sector 1734
end_request: I/O error, dev 02:3c (floppy), sector 1736
RAMDISK: couldn't find valid RAM disk image starting at 867
VFS: Insert root floppy and press ENTER

[ON ENTER]

Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 00000008
current->tss.cr3 = 00101000, %cr3 = 00101000
......[MORE CRASH DUMP]

My hardware is a bit different then I normally use:

System is a Compaq Presario 5240
1x Smart Disk Drive Connected to Primary IDE Channel as Master
1x 4GB HD Disk Drive Connected to Primary IDE Channel as Slave

Thanks in Advance.