uninstall packages

Andre nospam at spam.net
Fri Apr 23 16:15:50 PDT 2004

I have a nice LFS system up and running - big thank you to the LFS team!

Due to limited harddisk space, I would like to trim my LFS down a bit. What
would be the best way to uninstall certain packages? I already figured some
obvious space saving measures, like removing man pages etc.

Let's say I would decide to get rid of perl. What is the best way to do
that, other than looking in the makefile to figure out all the components
that are installed in the 'make install' section. Also, if a package depends
on another package, does that mean during compilation, or even afterwards
when the system is up and running?