Is Knoppix a suitable Build Environment for LFS?

Bryan Breen Bryan.C.Breen.1 at gsfc.nasa.gov
Fri Apr 23 13:03:27 PDT 2004

At 15:59 4/23/04 -0500, Tom Black wrote:
>I know I can try it and find out, but i'm hoping someone here has the
>answer.
>
>Is Knoppix (3.3) a suitable build environment for building an LFS
>system?  In other words does it have all the tools.
>I've poked around abit on this one, and I've found lots of "how do I
>make a bootable LFS like knoppix" but that's not what I want to know.

Back in January (I think) a bunch of folks posted in the LFS lists about a few of the extra concerns and steps necessary with using Knoppix (since it isn't a permanent system) but suggest it is perfectly feasible.

Just do a quick search in the archives for "Knoppix" and it should give you the pointers you need.

--

- Bryan

| Any opinion expressed in |
| this message is my own   |