Root Partition

Allard Welter allard at nospam.nl
Thu Apr 22 15:23:21 PDT 2004

On Thursday 22 April 2004 12:12, oscarolim at portugalmail.pt wrote:
> After i've finished installing the system using the LFS boot, my root
> partition is only mounted as readonly, thus not allowing to start all
> the init stuff. I've already tried to reinstall de bootscripts,
> rebuild the configuration files in /etc/fstab and /boot/grub/menu.lst
> but it is not working either. I'll try to rebuild the core, but
> something tells me that it wont work either. Any clues in what i've
> done wrong?
> O email preferido dos portugueses agora com
> 100Mb de espaço e acesso gratuito à Internet
> http://www.portugalmail.com/gold/

Hi,

The info supplied above is not really sufficient to hazard a guess, what
exactly happens when you boot? Does the process get as far as the
mountfs script? ie does the init process get as far as the following

Remounting root file system in read-write mode...

and what happens thereafter?

Regards - Allard.

allard at quicknet.nl