Stuck in a reboot loop

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Thu Apr 22 07:07:19 PDT 2004

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, Tom Black wrote:

> Finished LFS 5.0 this morning and did the reboot, now when grub comes up
> I get my options just fine.  If I pick my mandrake disk (hda) it loads
> fine, as do the other choices, however LFS (the default, which is on
> hdb) simply flashes a message and reboots the system. (ack!)
>
> Heres the screen that flashes just before the reboot:
> Booting 'LFS 5.0'

 My standard response for today is "maybe you compiled the kernel for
the wrong processor" (e.g. whatever Marcelo has as the default config,
instead of selecting the processor you've got).  I'm not entirely sure
about this response because usually you get to see an "uncompressing the
kernel" message, but if it was a grub/configuration problem you would
surely drop back to grub.

Ken