Stuck in a reboot loop

Tom Black tcblack at wireless111.net
Thu Apr 22 06:38:01 PDT 2004

Finished LFS 5.0 this morning and did the reboot, now when grub comes up
I get my options just fine.  If I pick my mandrake disk (hda) it loads
fine, as do the other choices, however LFS (the default, which is on
hdb) simply flashes a message and reboots the system. (ack!)

Heres the screen that flashes just before the reboot:
Booting 'LFS 5.0'

root (hd1,0)
Filesystem type is extfs, partition type 0x83
kernel /boot/lfskernel root=dev/hdb1 ro
[Linux-bzImage, setup=0xa00, size=0x1120f3]

I've installe LFS on hdb1 with swap on hda4
Grub is loading from hda but I'd rather it did hdb because I want to
wipe hda now.

Any hints, I just know I'm doing something wrong here.

--
Thomas Black
Total Linux Newbie (But trying to cure it)

Linux From Scratch:.˜./V\//†\\/(   )\^`˜´^
     .˜.
     /V\
    //†\\
   /(   )\