binutils-2.14 step 1 - trouble

Allard Welter allard at nospam.nl
Wed Apr 21 11:43:19 PDT 2004

On Wednesday 21 April 2004 18:44, Post-master wrote:
> Hello, LFS!
>
> AW> I don't see any errors, all looks fine.
>
> Ok. thanks.
>
> AW> Just to be sure you may want to look
> AW> in /tools/bin and /tools/lib to see if all the programs and libraries
> as AW> listed in the contents section of the instructions have been
> installed.
>
> I have looked in my /tools/bin and /tools/lib - it`s empty ! But in
> $LFS/sources/binutils-build/ i see just compiled programs. Im thinking
> what "make install" don`t install them. Why?

I didn't have any logs handy so just recompiled and installed binutils
somewhere - your install log ends prematurely - I think you may have a
permissions problem. Is there anything in /tools at all? Things to check
(assuming LFS=/mnt/lfs):

/mnt/lfs/tools should exist and be owned by user lfs
/tools should be a symbolic link to /mnt/lfs/tools

Check these and report. You should be able to simply do a make install from
the binutils-build directory if the above are correct.

Cheers - Allard.

allard at quicknet.nl