Error when booting

Scott scott at coloray.com
Tue Apr 20 15:10:37 PDT 2004

I'm using LFS5.0. The host system is Fedora Core1.
The lfs partition is on hdc2 and the swap for lfs is hdc3
I have what seems to be a script error when booting. There must be
something wrong with the network settings. When booting it stops at an
error that states:
unforeseen error took place in /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S20network, which exited
with a return value of 7 	 press enter to continue
If I reboot after logging in I get a return value of 255 from
/etc/rc.d/rc6.d/K80network,

I also don't know how to view the dmesg for the lfs system; I only can
bring up the one from the host system

Thanks for any suggestions
Scott B.