help with toolchain reuse LFS5.2

Allard Welter allard at nospam.nl
Sun Apr 18 07:31:36 PDT 2004

On Sunday 18 April 2004 16:03, blux.net at lineone.net wrote:

> I now want to re-use  a toolchain. After untarring a previously saved
> 'tools' I arrived at the  chroot environment " I have no name " prompt
> successfully. I created directories, symlinks etc but cannot install
> expect, tcl and degagnu with prefix=/usr.    There seems to be a
> configuraton problem. make_devices and man-pages-1.66 can be installed (the
> latter  by "make install". I even symlinked gcc  and cc from /tools/bin to
> /usr/bin all with the same result.

Right I get it now. Did you save the tool-chain after completing the entire
LFS (wrong) or immediately after finishing ch5 (right)? The thing is that if
you save the toolchain after completing LFS the toolchain has been
re-adjusted to link to stuff that won't exist yet if you're trying to re-use
it.

Regards, Allard.

allard at quicknet.nl