help with toolchain reuse LFS5.2

blux.net at lineone.net blux.net at lineone.net
Sun Apr 18 07:03:59 PDT 2004

>I didn't know 5.2 was out already?
><snop>

it is the version in CVS

>By the sounds of things you have completed LFS. Have you successfully booted
>
>into your new system?

yes, two were built on a)athlon/fedora1 b) celeron/suse9

>into your new system? if not, why not, if so, why are you working from

>chroot? (I'm guessing it's x you want). That aside, your c compiler is
not

...not working from chroot,  I am trying to reuse the toolchain to build
another LFS system  (..er to boot to  bash prompt).

I now want to re-use  a toolchain. After untarring a previously saved 'tools'
 I arrived at the  chroot environment " I have no name " prompt successfully.
 I created directories, symlinks etc but cannot install expect, tcl and
degagnu with prefix=/usr.    There seems to be a configuraton problem.
make_devices and man-pages-1.66 can be installed (the latter  by "make install".
  I even symlinked gcc  and cc from /tools/bin to /usr/bin all with the
same result.

>working. Go to the lfs website and type "C compiler cannot create
>executables" into the search field (note the quotes). I just got 204 results.

thanks for your help and I will go the the LFS website as you suggested

blux