help with toolchain reuse LFS5.2

blux.net at lineone.net blux.net at lineone.net
Sat Apr 17 10:46:04 PDT 2004

Greetings,

I am having problms with toolchain reuse  (LFS5.2 version)  Chapter 6-cleaning
up ( http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/cvs/chapter06/revisedchroot.html
 )  states
{
Note: Removing /tools will also remove the temporary copies of Tcl, Expect
and DejaGnu, which were used for running the toolchain tests. If you want
to use these programs later on, you will need to recompile and re-install
them. The installation instructions are the same as in Chapter 5, apart
from changing the prefix from /tools to /usr.
}

The untarred 'tools'  provided entry into the chroot environment OK.  I
then I tried the above for tcl, expect and degagnu. All failed.  (They all
fail at the configure stage -see the attached file).

I also tried the installation of glibc-2.3.3. This failed also- attached
is a second file also.  Some help would be appreciated

Yours sinceely
Blux