LFS 5.0: binutils-2.14 first pass failure

Thomas Hackert thackert at nexgo.de
Fri Apr 16 21:16:02 PDT 2004

Hi Thomas,
On Saturday 17 April 2004 02:50, tcblack(nospamhere) wrote:
<snip>
> Bingo, I got:
> lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            6 Apr 16 11:32 tools ->
> /tools so I deleted /lfs/tools
> su and deleted /tools.
> ok, back several pages and finally got it fixed. I think.
> ls - / now results in
> lrwxrwxrwx  1 root  root 10 Apr 16 19:19 tools -> /lfs/tools/
this looks good now.

> however when I execute the configure program I get another error
> concerning the as directory:
> gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `as': No such file or
> directory
Have you searched the faq? There are some entries concerning "Any no
such file or directory" ... ;)
And - maybe - a stupid question: Have you deleted the binutils dirs
before compiling again?

> *** The command 'gcc -o conftest -O2   conftest.c' failed.
> *** You must set the environment variable CC to a working
> compiler.
I think this was mentioned before on this list. Try a search on the
archives, please.

> Here I go again!
> Thanks.
Good luck!