compiling kernel

Scott scott at coloray.com
Fri Apr 16 08:36:56 PDT 2004

False Alarm: I had a syntax error in my editing of menu.lst in
/boot/grub on the host partition. Now it boots but there are other error
that I need to work through.
Also, I still would like to know what is the significance of a file icon
displayed with an orange question mark when viewed from konqueror. Is
that a permissions issue or what?