compiling kernel

Vincent VANDAELE vincent.vandaele at tele2.fr
Thu Apr 15 22:21:41 PDT 2004

Compile your kernel with

make mrproper
make menuconfig
make CC=/opt/gcc-2.95.3/bin/gcc dep
make CC=/opt/gcc-2.95.3/bin/gcc bzImage
make CC=/opt/gcc-2.95.3/bin/gcc modules
make CC=/opt/gcc-2.95.3/bin/gcc modules_install make mandocs cp -a
Documentation/man /usr/share/man/man9 cp arch/i386/boot/bzImage
/boot/lfskernel cp System.map /boot

Configure menu.lst in /boot/grub for LFS title LFS 5.0 root (XXX,A) kernel
/boot/lfskernel root=/dev/hdc2 ro

XXX,A is the partition for your lfs grub not use the same that lilo If you
have a first hard disk hda1, a cdrom hdb ,a second harddisk hdc2 XXX,A will
be hd1,1 (it doesn't consider cdrom,...) and the numerotation begin from 0.

I'm French and I hope that I sais can help you