compiling kernel

Scott scott at coloray.com
Thu Apr 15 12:26:40 PDT 2004

I'm using LFS5.0. The host system is Fedora Core1.
The lfs partition is on hdc2 and the swap for lfs is hdc3

 I have had to pick up where I left off a couple of weeks ago. I
remounted the drives hdc2 and hdc3, chrooted as per the "revised chroot
command", remounted proc and devpts, untared the linux-2.4.22.tar to
/usr/src/linux-2.4.22, CD'd to /usr/src/linux-2.4.22 and went through
the steps in chapter 8 "Installing Linux-2.4.22". After doing so, the
view(using Konqueror) of the lfskernel file  under /boot/ is that of an
icon with an orange question mark as with the bzImage file under
/usr/src/linux*/arch/i386/boot/. I think this icon means that something
is not right but I'm not sure what. I retraced my steps to this because
I was getting a Grub Error: 15 "File not found" after going through all
the steps and rebooting the system. My grub file is modified from the
book because of the multiple systems that are loaded on this machine.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Scott B.