LFS 5.0 first boot successful

Owen rcookDELETE at pcug.org.au
Tue Apr 13 14:28:15 PDT 2004

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 15:56:12 -0500, Bob Morgan wrote:

> Aside from the educational process, which itself is the best I have ever
> seen with linux (you sure don't get this from a commercial distro)

I had five goes, starting with 3.x before getting 4.0 up and going.
Eventually I did something really silly and destroyed it.

I lost heart, but after six months tried a 5.0 and this time *I was
amazed* at how easy it all was and realized the educational value of doing
it yourself.

Slowly building the BLFS but not in a hurry this time.

Yep, it's a big thanks to all concerned

Owen

   __0     http://www.pcug.org.au/~rcook/rr.html for rides
 _ \<,_