GRUB Read Error

Mark Willis mc_willis at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Apr 11 12:53:43 PDT 2004

Hi,
I have spent many days building LFS 5.0 and fallen at
the final hurdle. When I boot the system I get GRUB
Read Error. I've rebuilt Grub in case the stage files
were corrupt but the file sizes are the same each
time. I have now created a Grub boot disk on a floppy
and that enables me to boot into my LFS system, so
Grub has to have built OK. My HDD is a 20G HDD with 4
partitions. LFS is on hda4. BIOS is Phoenix 4.0
release 6.
The grub commands I have used are;
root (hd0,3)
setup (hd0)

I have tried grub-install as well but every time, I
get the GRUB Read Error.

Can anyone help me from having to use a floppy all the
time?
Thanks,
Mark