Problems compiling GCC-3.3.1 - Pass 1, LFS 5.0, (Mandrake 9.1 Host)

Bryan K. Walton bryanw at weccusa.org
Sun Apr 11 04:44:33 PDT 2004

On Sun, Apr 11, 2004 at 01:25:56AM +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Apr 2004, Bryan K. Walton wrote:
>
> > Hi everybody,
> > 	I am trying to build LFS 5.0 on a Dell Latitude laptop
> > currently running Mandrake 9.1.
>                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
>  Say no more, squire.
>
> > /tools/i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lc
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
>  You need to install the /static/ glibc rpm - glibc-static or
> glibc-devel.  If in doubt, the one that provides libc.a - this is on the
> FAQ, I think.
>
> Ken

Ahh, much thanks.  I should have dug a little deeper.  Making things
more complex is the fact that I've had Mandrake installed on thing for
less than 24 hours and have never used Mandrake before.  Usually build
LFS from Debian but Mandrake was the only distro I could get to
install from my Firewire CD-Rom.

Again, thanks!
Bryan