gcc, 2nd pass (chap. 5), patch while not using /tools but /tools-for-lfs

Andreas Scherrer fortytwo at gmx.ch
Sat Apr 10 16:04:58 PDT 2004

Hi,
I am using /tools-for-lfs instead of /tools (as "suggested" on page 36,
LFS 5.0). Now I tried to install gcc (2nd pass) and therefore patched
the package as described on page 51 (gcc-3.3.1-specs-2.patch) BUT it
seems to me that this patch has a link to /tools (for the dynamic
loader) "hard wired" into it!
This (or something else?) results in a horrible result when running the
testsuite.

So my question is: do I have to patch the patch and have /tools
replaced by /tools-for-lfs? If yes, then how (sed?)? And do I have to
start all over again (I installed the gcc I compiled this way, too bad
I know)?
Or is it OK if the path does not match (don't think so)?

It's just not mentioned in the book :(

Thanks
andreas

--
"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing
that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly