Installing library

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Thu Apr 8 13:40:51 PDT 2004

On Thu, 8 Apr 2004, Sebastien Deligny wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I finished with making my first LFS system and I'm now trying to
> install a gnome desktop!

 Wrong list.  In future, ask on blfs-support.

> I'm starting by installing some few library (like libpng or
> libjpeg...). I read in the BLFS book that the library directory
> should be /usr/local/lib or /opt/lib. My first library have been
> installed in /usr/lib. Do I misundertood something?
>
> Seb.

 To answer anyway, I think you've misunderstood what you read in the
BLFS book.  Gnome these days is usually in /usr.  Read it again, and if
it's still not clear please indicate the part you don't understand on
blfs-support (and, perhaps, which version of the BLFS book).

Ken