Load a module on the boot

Sebastien Deligny sdeligny at tele2.fr
Wed Apr 7 23:10:55 PDT 2004

Le Mercredi 7 Avril 2004 14:44, Alexander E. Patrakov a écrit :
> Sebastien Deligny wrote:
> > Hello,
> > S16connect_ADSL is not executable skipping.
> >
> > Can anyone help me?
>
> The bootscripts help you with this informative message.
>
> To see the problem:
>
> # ls -l /etc/rc.d/init.d/connect_ADSL
>
> To correct it:
>
> # chmod 755 /etc/rc.d/init.d/connect_ADSL
>
> To verify that it has been corrected:
>
> # ls -l /etc/rc.d/init.d/connect_ADSL
>
> --
> Alexander E. Patrakov
> To get my address: echo '0!42!+/6 at 5-3.535.25' | tr [!-:] [a-z] |
> tr n .

It's working, thank you.

Now I have a second problem. The insertion of the module take a
long time and write a lot of messages. So I have the "login" and
the module still working and write information in the login name!
How can I do one of this :

- Waiting the end of the insertion of the module before having the
login.
-Or hidding all the messages about this module?

Thanks,

Seb

(I'd rather prefered the second solution if it's possible!)