Load a module on the boot

Sebastien Deligny sdeligny at tele2.fr
Wed Apr 7 04:56:56 PDT 2004

Hello,

I have an ADSL PCI card from Itex and it works well with my new LFS
5.0 sytem (kernel 2.4.19). I wrote a little script called
connect_ADSL to start my adsl connection:

#!/bin/bash
insmod -f
/lib/modules/2.4.19/kernel/drivers/net/itex/itex1577-2.4.16.o
/usr/sbin/pppd-pppoa

And it works when I'm using the command sh connect_ADSL (I'm using
insmod -f because I only have a binary module compiled for kernel
2.4.16).

I made a copy of it in /etc/rc.d/init.d and I made a link
S16connect_ADSL in /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/

When I started my system I have this message:

S16connect_ADSL is not executable skipping.

Does anyone can help me?

Seb.