can not build glibc

Jibin Han Jibin.Han at xilinx.com
Mon Apr 5 21:21:45 PDT 2004

Hi,
   I am following LFS v5.0 on my Mandrake Linux 10.0. I follow the books
exactly and now I am stuck at building glibc-2.3.2.

    First, after run "configure" and "make", I come to run "make check"
and met some errors, as the book says I should not care too much at the
errors here, but I found that several errors, such as building "stdlib"
is of the following error,  "can not find /tools/libc/libc.so.6"
    For example, in runing the following command, "cd
/mnt/lfs/sources/glibc-build/stdlib && gcc -B/tools/bin/ -O -include
../config.h /mnt/lfs/sources/glibc-2.3.2/stdlib/isomac.c -o isomac".

    then I go to run install, "make install", and it stops at this error,

    ln:creating symbolic link 'tools/etc/localtimeT' to
'../share/zoneinfo/Factory':Permission denied.
    mv:cannot stat '/tools/etc/localtimeT':no such file.

    Do you know what's wrong here?

Thanks!