How to restart in Chapter 6 after reboot

Karl Wilbur karl at karlwilbur.net
Thu Apr 1 10:31:27 PST 2004

scott at coloray.com wrote:

> I am working from LFS v5.0.I recently had to abandon the lfs project and
> reboot the machine. I was in Chapter 6 installing Bash-2.05b.I tried to
> get back to where I left off in the lfs project by remounting the lfs
> partition but, I don't understand all that needs to be reestablished in
> order to continue. My question is: is there a "recipe"that has already
> been written to help the inexperienced with this? I will probably have to
> exit this project many times more before it is complete.
>  Thanks for any hints or tips.
> Scott B.

1. Become root

2. Remount $LFS as you did in chapter 3.

Chapter 3. Preparing a new partition - Mounting the new partition

3. chroot per chapter 6

Chapter 6. Installing basic system software - Entering the chroot environment

4. Remount proc and devpts.

Chapter 6. Installing basic system software - Mounting the proc and devpts file
systems

5. Continue where you left off.

6. Bake at 350degF for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is
golden brown.

--
-Karl Wilbur

www.karlwilbur.net

This message made with 100% recycled bits.

Registered Linux user #307374
http://counter.li.org/

LFS user #8237 since v4.0