upgrading from glibc 2.3.1 to glibc 2.3.2

Jan Gehring pr0gm4 at linoratix.com
Fri Nov 28 10:54:49 PST 2003

Hi,

i want to upgrad from glibc 2.3.1 to glibc 2.3.2.

so i compiled glibc 2.3.2 on my 1st machine and all works fine.

After that i wantet to upgrade my 2nd machine to glibc 2.3.2.
so i did a
$ make install prefix=/binary/glibc-2.3.2/usr
on my 1st machine and after that copied all content from /binary/glibc-2.3.2
to my 2nd computer.

But now my second computer hangs after entering runlevel 3

Freeing unused kernel memory: 192k freed
INIT: veriosn 2.85 booting
INIT: Entering runlevel: 3

Do anyone know what the problem is ?

Thanks in advanced and sorry for my bad english
-jan