changing boot sequence

andri at fask.org andri at fask.org
Fri Nov 28 07:03:12 PST 2003

Hi,
I'm trying to setup my network on my LFS laptop and get this error in the
boot sequence:

Bringing up the eth0 interface...SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
eth0: unknown interface: No such device
SIOCSIFBRDADDR: No such device
eth0: unknown interface: No such device
SIOCSIFNETMASK: No such device
eth0: unknown interface: No such device

Now I didn't install pcmcia support in my kernel cause I wanted to use the
pcmcia-cs package and it works fine accept for the fact that in the boot
sequence linux trys to setup the network before any modules are setup
which is handled by cardmgr. After the modules are then setup I login an
execute /etc/rc.d/init.d/network start it works fine because my modules
are up now. So my question is how can I make cardmgr run before the
network start in my boot sequence?