Kernel Headers file not found

juana barrueta barrueta8 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 27 16:31:29 PST 2003

Im working with version 5.0 of the book also with the package in
linuxfromscratch.org that contains all the tarballs needed.

I have installed and up2date redhat 9.0 with 4GB of unassigned space from
that i create the new LFS partition,
i have followed the book exactly as it, without any problem until the
chapter 5 in the section "Installing Linux-2.4.22 headers" , this is the
error:

[lfs at localhost linux-2.4.22]$ make include/linux/version.h
/bin/sh: line 1: .ver: No such file or directory
make: *** [include/linux/version.h] Error 1

i look onto the directory include/linux/  and the file version.h doesnt
exist  then i tried to continue and keeps making errors(sorry about my
english) like this:

[lfs at localhost linux-2.4.22]$ make symlinks
rm -f include/asm
( cd include ; ln -sf asm-i386 asm)
ln: creating symbolic link `asm' to `asm-i386': Permission denied
make: *** [symlinks] Error 1

Hope someone can help me, any help will be very apreciated.

Regards.