modprobe error when trying to load some block-major-*

andri at fask.org andri at fask.org
Wed Nov 26 12:19:42 PST 2003

>Kevin Alm wrote:
>Correction, block major 8 is scsi related. 33 and 34 are third and forth
>ide respectively. You have an ide expansion card maybe? Kevin

But this is a laptop, I don't have third or fourth ide. Just two, one for
my harddisk and the other for my cdrom. I don't have any scsi devices and
my /etc/modules.conf is empty. My computer is in another place now and I
can't get to it but I'll post you my kernel dump message and something
else useful when I get to my box.

Best Regards Andri Mar Jónsson