glibc-2.3.2 (Chapter 5) is confused by human error

Brett brett at brettscaife.net
Wed Nov 26 11:18:59 PST 2003

Greg

I'm embarassed to say that I've solved the problem and I'm afraid I
was wasting your time. I have suffered as well though!

> It all looks ok. Therefore I cannot pinpoint your problem :-( You
> might have to try your earlier suggestion of installing a sane
> host. The other alternative of course is to use one of the boot
> cd's known to work. Good luck.

I spent time making my host system sane. Still got the same errors.

I squashed an extra slackware installation onto a partition that
could hardly hold it and then used that as my host. Still got the
same errors.

I downloaded and burnt a Knoppix CD to use as my host. Still got the
same errors.

Just as I was about to cry I noticed:

   glibc-linuxthreads-2.2.5.tar.bz2
                      ^^^^^
pig pig pig pig pig

Strangely enough when I used glibc-linuxthreads-2.3.2.tar.bz2
everything went as it was supposed to, and I have been able to
carry on building my system.

Hopefully, if I contact the list again it will be with a real
problem.

Anyhow, thanks for the time you spent on my idiocy

Brett