Binutils and possible cross compiling later

Dale Weber lfs-support at thedynaplex.net
Tue Nov 25 15:29:25 PST 2003

	Hello,

	I am into chapter 6 of creating my second LFS now. :)  I note in the build
procedure for building binutils, it talks about a target specific directory
being needed if one wants to cross compile.  Well, I would like to eventually
do some cross compiling for embedded systems.

	What impact would there be on the rest of the LFS build procedures and
operation of the final system if I let binutils go to the target specific
directory for my system (/usr/i686-pc-linux-gnu )?

	8-Dale
--
The Dynaplex Network - http://www.thedynaplex.net
Charter Member of The Center for Intelligent Quoting.