Issues with ld: "bootstrap with --static" rearing its ugly head

Erik Postma epostma at nl.tue.win
Tue Nov 25 05:44:09 PST 2003

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 23:51:22 +1100, Greg Schafer <gschafer at zip.com.au>
wrote:

> I couldn't find anything wrong with Stephen's files. But he wasn't
> seeing the binutils test suite failure like you were. He was seeing the
> other failure inside the chroot.
>
> If you are still able to reproduce the problem, please follow the
> instructions here (exactly):
>
> http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/lfs-support/2003-November/020823.html
>
> and mail it to me and I'll take a look.

I've finally had time to redo this stuff. The logs and files are up at
http://www.win.tue.nl/~epostma/lfs.

Files:
 lfs-commands.txt is a list of all the commands I ran in order to
     obtain these files. Starts with mkdir $LFS/tools.
 binu-build.greg.tar.bz2 is the tar ball of binutils pass 2 in chapter
     5 in the state you described: after make configure-host.
 c5-binu-p2-configure.greg is the log of the configure run in binutils
     pass 2 of chapter 5.
 c5-binu-p2-mch.greg is the log of make configure-host in binutils
     pass 2 of chapter 5.
 c5-binu-p2-config.log.greg is the config.log file from binutils pass
     2 of chapter 5.

 c5-gcc-testsum.greg
 c5-glibc-mc-log-2.greg.bz2
 c5-glibc-mc-log.greg.bz2
     are probably of less interest; they are respectively the test_summary
     of gcc, and the log of two runs of make check of glibc. Two runs,
     because the first chokes on check-textrel as described in my very
     first post, and then the second run after applying a patch to
     disable this test.

I hope you or someone else can find something useful here.
--
Erik Postma (Email: reverse the order of nl, tue and win.)