PS2 keyboard don't work when i compile kernel2.6.0 many times in lfs5 and mandrake9.2

DJ Lucas dj at lucasit.com
Mon Nov 24 21:45:49 PST 2003

aries wrote:
>   Since the kernel2.6.0-test1 released,i have tried almost the test
> version in mandrake9.2,but every time the ps2 keyboard don't work.
> Yesterday, i compile kernel 2.6.0-test9 in lfs5, but it doesn't work
> either. I tried to change a ps2 keyboard,but the situation is still.  I
> don't think there's a problem with my ps2 keyboard,cause it works well
> in kernel-2.4.22. Besides,I have USB mouse. I thinks whether it will
> interupt with my PS2 keyboard in kernel 2.6.0,the mouse works well. here
> is the cut of my .config in kernel 2.6.0 test9 . I compile most
> functions that i need into kernel .  Sorry for my pool english :)  I am
> from china,hope to get a reply. Thanks
>
> CONFIG_INPUT_KEYBOARD=y
> CONFIG_KEYBOARD_ATKBD=y
> CONFIG_INPUT=y
> CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV=y
> CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_PSAUX=yCONFIG_INPUT_EVDEV=y
> CONFIG_INPUT_EVBUG=y
> CONFIG_INPUT_MISC=y
> CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSE=y

By chance using your old 2.4 .config file?  IIRC its "i8042 PC Keyboard"
that should be set.  At least I think that was the one that choked it
for me...it's set now.  Everyone should double check this doc before
building 2.6 test kernels....

http://www.codemonkey.org.uk/docs/post-halloween-2.6.txt-devel

-- DJ