Graphical Boot

Sergei Mutovkin surge at mn.ru
Mon Nov 24 09:17:47 PST 2003

Hello,

sorry if wrong newsgroup (mailing list) but here is the question.
I'm developing light weight LFS based linux for our "embedded" pc-based
system. I'm now at a point where I need to make this system "sexy", i.e. I
need to provide graphical boot with company logo and better some status
bar like the one people in SUSE 9 and Mandrake 9.2 world enjoy. However, I
have no idea how they did it. I wonder if there are some FAQs or HOW-TO or
other write-ups available on this topic? Also, I assume most parts of the
graphical boot in Mandrake are in their initrd file, but I'm not able to
mount it in any way to be able to see how they did it, anyone knows how it
can be done (I don't know what filesystem MDK used).

Thank you in advance,
Sergei