Ch 5 - gcc-3.3.1 - pass 1

Jeremy Utley jeremy at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Nov 23 20:28:58 PST 2003

In article <200311231406.07269.yann.morin.1998 at anciens.enib.fr>, Yann E. MORIN wrote:
> Once upon a time (on Sunday 23 November 2003 13:37), Greg Schafer wrote :
> > On Sun, Nov 23, 2003 at 01:05:00PM +0100, Yann E. MORIN wrote:
> > > make[2]: *** [s-attrtab] Error 139
> > Any chance you accidentally applied the GCC Specs patch? The specs
> > patch is applicable only in pass 2.
>
> No I did not... :-( That would have been so easy...
>
> That's a weird error, but I might have found something related, saying
> the kernel might be a bit old. Mine is 2.2.19-5mdk, which is a rather
> old one by nowaday...
>
> Any other requirement : are gcc-2.95.3 and glibc-2.1.3 enough to
> build LFS 5.0 or shall I first upgrade? (Well I'd rather not, as
> the aim is to get rid of MDK and make my gateway run LFS instead.)
>
> I could use the Knoppix CD as I did on the other machine, but this one
> is my gateway to the internet, so I can't afford being disconnected
> for the time a build takes (even only for Ch 5.) as a SBU is 42' there.
> So a single Ch. 5 build would take days...
>
> Regards,
> Yann.

Just as an aside, the bootcd available at:

http://www.jutley.org/bootcd

has IPTables installed into it, so in theory, you could boot with it,
load some iptables rules, then commence building.  It also has the
ability to start up sshd, so you can actually ssh into the booted
CD, making it easier to LFS headless machines.

-J-