Issues with ld: "bootstrap with --static" rearing its ugly head

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Sun Nov 23 04:51:22 PST 2003

On Sat, Nov 22, 2003 at 10:36:52PM +0100, Erik Postma wrote:
> > > I'd just like to say I did start over, using the --disable-nls flag in
> > > chapter 5 (not in 6) and it's working fine now. Greg, if you'd like to
> > > have a .tar.bz2 from me too (in case you can't find it from Stephen's
> > > stuff alone), I'll gladly prepare it but I don't have time for it now.
> > > Gimme a week or so. I'm adding some specs of my host system for
> > > Stephen to compare to his. If many things are the same it might give a
> > > hint. I'm not at my machine right now, but am fairly confident this is
> > > correct.

I couldn't find anything wrong with Stephen's files. But he wasn't seeing
the binutils test suite failure like you were. He was seeing the other
failure inside the chroot.

If you are still able to reproduce the problem, please follow the
instructions here (exactly):

http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/lfs-support/2003-November/020823.html

and mail it to me and I'll take a look.