DNS numbers for resolv.conf

Robert R. Russell rrbrussell at cox.net
Fri Nov 21 08:09:07 PST 2003

Tracy Riegle wrote:

> Yup dns01.jdc01.pa.comcast.net must be it. I pinged it and got the IP,
> added it to my resolv.conf and I seem to be resolving names just fine.
> Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Networking is a strange
> beast to me. But one I'm going to conquer. Thanks again.
> Tracy
>
> william huskey wrote:

Strange, confusing, challengeing to mental powers, and highly addictive.

Try networking cisco routers, netgear broadband routers, Windows 2000Pro
XP and 98, and Linux systems. Switching between the commands and
interfaces of them all in one day gets really confusing until you do it
for a couple of days.