validating/authenticating lfs-packages-5.0.tar

Allard Welter allard at nospam.nl
Thu Nov 20 12:37:35 PST 2003

On Thursday 20 November 2003 20:52, newbie wrote:
> second time around - don't know what happened to the original post - done
> gone walkabout
>
> I've downloaded the three files:
> 1. gerard-beekmans-pubkey.gpg
> 2. lfs-packages-5.0.tar.asc
> 3. lfs-packages-5.0.tar
>
> How do I go about using files 1 and 2 above to authenticate file 3 above?
>
> If the answer is blindlingly obvious to you then please resist the urge to
> jump up and down on my head - we all have to start somewhere - if you can
> help then pointers to chapter and verse in words of not more than two
> syllables would be very much appreciated
>
> thanx
>
> p.s. my email address is 'munged' - at least I know enough to try and steer
> clear of the spambots

Hi,

If you ever get to see this (and your own other posts) ...

Looks like you're wanting to do things thoroughly. May I make a few
suggestions.
1 - Browse the FAQ's
2 - Get hold of the howto's. There is no howto dedicated to pgp encryption,
although the Mutt-GnuPG-PGP-HOWTO will tell you a few things.
3 - Try a Google/linux search.

Redhat has thourough documentation. see the appendix concerning pgp for
instance.

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-7.3-Manual/custom-guide/
ch-gnupg.html

Regards - Allard