validating/authenticating lfs-packages-5.0.tar

newbie poboxspamnothanx671121 at fastmail.fm
Thu Nov 20 11:52:15 PST 2003

second time around - don't know what happened to the original post - done
gone walkabout

I've downloaded the three files:
1. gerard-beekmans-pubkey.gpg
2. lfs-packages-5.0.tar.asc
3. lfs-packages-5.0.tar

How do I go about using files 1 and 2 above to authenticate file 3 above?

If the answer is blindlingly obvious to you then please resist the urge to
jump up and down on my head - we all have to start somewhere - if you can
help then pointers to chapter and verse in words of not more than two
syllables would be very much appreciated

thanx

p.s. my email address is 'munged' - at least I know enough to try and steer
clear of the spambots