lfs-packages-5.0.tar and gerad-beekmans-pubkey.gpg

newbie poboxspamnothanx671121 at fastmail.fm
Thu Nov 20 10:53:13 PST 2003

dont't know if this is the right group for this post but got to start
somewhere so here goes - I've downloaded the following three files:
1. lfs-packages-5.0.tar
2. lf-packages-5.0.asc
3. the gerard-beekmans-pubkey.gpg

I've also downloaded and had a look at lfs-book-5.0.pdf and m y question
isn't addressed therein

my question is how do I go about using files 2 & 3 above to authenticate
file? if the answer is obvious then please resist the urge to jump up
and down on my head - we've all got to start somewhere - and please if
you can help then chapter and verse in words on no more than two
syllables

many thanx

p.s. my email address in 'munged'