/etc/rc.d/init.d/rc:line 1:/bin/stty:no such file or directory

weasel weasel at beyondnormal.org
Thu Nov 20 10:19:37 PST 2003

sha ying wrote:
>    hi,
>    I have installed LFS-5.0,but I have found some problem.
>    when I leave the "/tools" directory, everything is ok.
>    can login , can run "ls" etc .
>

>    Of course, "/bin/stty","/dev/tty1","/usr/bin/id","/bin/dircolors"
>    they all are right places.
>
>    looks like bash is point to the "/tools/"directory,
>
>    what's wrong with it?
>    what should i do?
>
>    thanks in advance.
>

>     sha ying.

Are you sure this started happening cause you deleted the tools dir?
Check the "Creating devices (Makedev-1.7)" section of the LFS book.  Did
you run MAKEDEV with the generic-nopty option?  If so did you enable
devpts in your kernel?  You also might have forgotten to compile bash or
something in chapter 6...thus you were still running using the one in
/tools.

Nick