How to backup LFS to Bootable CD: Restoring

Richard A Downing FBCS geek109 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 19 22:52:33 PST 2003

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 16:28:53 -0600
"Robert R. Russell" <rrbrussell at cox.net> wrote:

> Richard A Downing FBCS wrote:
> > On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 17:58:14 +0700
> > Antony Chang <yungchen at indosat.net.id> wrote:
> >

> >>Hi, How can I backup LFS to a bootable CD ? so if I screwed
> >up>my system, I could just restore them back to a partition.
> >>

> > Anthony,
> >
> > Can I ask you to check the website for hints (and the FAQ)
> > before asking here?
> >
> > You would have found:
> >
> > http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/downloads/files/boot-cd_easy.txt
> >
> > and, of course, BLFS has instructions for a rescue floppy
> > too.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Richard
> >
> > Richard A Downing FBCS
> >
> > Anyone  sending  unwanted  advertising   e-mail
> > to this address will be charged $25 for network
> > traffic and computing time.   By  extracting my
> > address from  this  message or its  header, you
> > agree to these terms.
> >

> How about going the other direction and restoring an lfs system
> from a bootable CD? Does anyone know of a hint to do that, or
> should I try it and write one?

My point is that YOU can SEARCH the LFS Website for this stuff.
It's very well laid out, there are lots of hints, and you can
also search the whole maillist archive back to the year DOT.

And yes, if you can't find one at all, do it and write it up.
We'll all be very grateful.  And even if you do find one, but
need to tweak it - write the author with your suggestions, so
it's improved.

This is Open Source man - just join in - you don't need to ask